Yes, it is repeatedly proven that having and using digital signage is advantageous for a business. If you are a business that has made the move to digital displays, I would like to commend you for making the change that will pay off in high dividends. Getting to those high returns on your investment takes a little insight and effort. Our founder observed this first hand during one of his first digital signage installations almost two decades ago, which inevitably led him to starting a content creation division within Specialized Productions, Inc. The content creation division, Render Impact, focuses on creating motion graphics and animated content for digital signage displays and other digital media formats.
- Content: Here is the most obvious of all the criteria. The animated video ad needs to have a call to action and communicate to the viewer in some way.
- Relevancy: Is the viewer going to find a personal connection with the content? What are your viewers demographics and psychographics? Who are they and what motivates them? Odds are you needed to know these details when creating your original advertising plan, now apply that to your digital content strategy.
- Interaction: What do you want the viewer to do after seeing your digital advertisement? Be clear and brief when creating the engaging messages for your audience so they easily understand what their next step should be.
- Scheduling: Make sure that when a video ad is posted, the event or special you are promoting is still upcoming or occurring. This is one of the primary benefits of digital display content, you can enlist the usage of day-parting and update the playlist on the fly.
- Placement (display): Where you put your signage is important and what you have on your signage is even more important in that space. For example, if you are a retailer, do you want your audience to buy the dress that is on the screen? You had better have that dress prominently placed for them to see it in person, too.
- Keep It Fresh: No one likes to see replayed, tired ads. It becomes background noise, or wallpaper to the viewer, and loses the intended impact.
- Attraction: This is where having dynamic video content on your digital signage screen is highly recommended. You want to instantly attract the attention of the audience when they are in viewing range of the screen- enough to pay attention to the ad you have on your signage.
As mentioned, those are the biggest issues we have noticed over the years that many of our clients have experienced.